Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Spell Check in Firefox

Boy, that title looks funny! I know, I know, it's misspelled and I should be hit on the head with a frying pan for it. Most word processing programs have a spell-checker built right in, so what does one do for the web? I spend most of my time writing out form fields, contributing to forums and writing in blogs. Shouldn't there be a way to spell check in my browser?There is, actually, but mysteriously enough, it's only for Mozilla Firefox. IE8 has yet to receive a built-in spell checker, but I assume that's not far off.In the meantime, let's learn how to enable the spellchecker in Firefox! In truth, it's usually enabled by default, but if, for any reason, you find it's not working go to: Tools>Options>Advanced. Make sure the “General” tab is selected. Then make sure the “Check my Spelling as I Type” option has a check-mark next to it.


That should do it! Now when you've misspelled something a squiggly red line will appear underneath it to warn you!

No comments:

Post a Comment